libgphoto2 2.5.16 release
- A hardening fix broke the string unpacking for 0 length strings which broke Canon EOS
libgphoto2 2.5.15 release
- fuji: Fix cameras without new capture properties.
- Canon EOS: config aspectratio, highisonr
- Canon EOS: emit CAPTURECOMPLETE event
- Canon EOS: whitebalanaceadjustment is 32bit signed, not 16bit signed
- usb: better error feedback
- fixed some bugs found by AFL fuzzing
- Added USB ids:
- Sony: A6500, HX400V
- Nikon: D500, D7500
- Olympus: VR360
- Canon PowerShot: ELPH 350 HS
- Canon EOS: 200D, Rebel T7i
- Fuji: GFX 50 S
- Ricoh Theta S, Theta SC
- now default disabled as it confused people, enable with --enable-vusb
gphoto2 2.5.15 release
- In the config getters, print out the Readonly flag and also an END marker
- Fixed "now" timesetting also for set-config-value
libgphoto2 2.5.14 release
- Canon EOS M remote control / capture support (M3, M5, M10 ... but not the original EOS M currently)
- fix for Canon EOS camera crash bug introduced in 2.5.13.
- Fuji XT-2 capture support (firmware update needed, might work for other Fuji XT too)
- Canon EOS 77D added.
- various bugfixes
- added USB IDs:
- Sony DSC-RX10M3, DSC-HX90V
- Sony UMC-R10C
- Nikon D5600,
- Canon EOS 77D
- Fuji XT-20
- synced MTP device ids from libmtp
- more issues fixed that were found by the AFL fuzzer
- Added Pentax K5-II, Pentax K3-II
- support f-number, shutterspeed, and exposurebias in the virtual PTP camera
- several issues found by gcc 7 fixed
* updated ukrainian, polish, vietnamese, french, swedish
gphoto2 2.5.14 release
- translation updates: french, esperanto
- some bugfixes
- (2.5.12 and 2.5.13 were skipped due to insufficient changes)
libgphoto2 2.5.13 release
- Now using the pktriggercord codebase
- lots of improvements
- Please report missing Pentax K USB ids that are supported by pktriggercord!
- iPhone iOS 10.2 and later storage handling fixed, added dynamic storage handling
- Sony Alpha Live View support.
- Canon EOS M series capture enabled. (not fully working yet)
- Various crashes and endless loops fixed that were found by the AFL fuzzer.
- Various bugfixes in Nikon, Canon capture
- New USB Ids:
- Sony: SLT A37, DSC-RX100M5
- Nikon KeyMission 360
- Canon PowerShot G16
- Canon EOS M5, EOS M10
- Fuji Fujifilm XT-2
- GoPro Hero 5 Black
- Music player IDs from libmtp 1.1.13 imported.
libgphoto2 2.5.12 release
- Canon EOS: more fixes for Canon EOS 5D Mark IV and Canon EOS 80D.
- Parrot Sequoia support and property decoding
- Nikon 1: Fixed Nikon 1 capture
- Sony Alpha: various bugfixes.
- New USB IDs:
- Nikon Coolpix AW130
- Nikon DSC D3400
- Parrot Sequoia
- GoPro Hero, Hero4 Silver, Hero +
- bugfixes and cleanups
- fixed zoom on some older Canon Powershots
- updated polish, ukrainian, vietnamese, danish, french, svensk
libgphoto2 2.5.11 release
- not experimental anymore, for some years
- some bugfixes in configuration handling
- canon: EOS capture improvements, also supporting new EOS
- sony: tethering and trigger capture implemented, capture stability improvements
- sony: exposure compensation setting fixed
- sony: capture and autofocus configurations, similar to eosremoterelease
- generic: fixed serialnumber retrieval
- nikon: "autofocus" config variable for global autofocus enable/disable (default on, default liveview off)
- various bugs fixed, stability improved
- ptpip: allow different event ports. --port ptpip:IP:dataport:eventport
- New ids reported:
- Sony Alpha 7, DSC-RX100M4, NEX-7, DSC-HX20V, Alpha 6300, A7S II, A7,
- Nikon DSC Df, D7200, D5, D810A, 1 V3
- Canon EOS 1Dx Mark 3, 80D, 5D Mark IV
- Canon Digital IXUS 180
- various music players / android phones imported from libmtp
- Speed up initial startup.
- Win32: store settings in the "User Profile\.gphoto\settings" and not in C:\\Windows anymore.
- gp_widget_changed() no longer clears the "changed" state to make this API more consistent.
Use gp_widget_set_changed(widget,FALSE) to do so.
- sample-photobooth: a sample program handling tethering, SIGUSR1 driven capture and SIGUSR2 based configuration reading.
- sample-afl: code to inject afl fuzzing data
- updated swedish, ukrainian, polish, finnish, russian, danish, polish, brazilian, serbian, dutch, chinese
gphoto2 2.5.11 release
- some errors result in exit 0, where it should have been an error exit
- some windows bugfixes
- translation updates: icelandic
libgphoto2 2.5.10 release
- added gp_camera_list_config, gp_camera_get_single_config, gp_camera_set_single_config
additional configuration APIs for faster access to single configuration values.
- allow generic opcode commands with parameters, config variable "opcode"
- fixed pretending that Nikon Coolpix S series is a Nikon 1 S.
- Nikon: fixed problem with SDRAM capture
- Canon EOS: handle "no focus" during capture
- Canon EOS: handle --new correctly
- Canon Powershot: handle lack of object protection setting
- Ricoh Theta: support shutterspeed configuration
- added size checking to PTP unpacking primitives
- various bugfixes
- New ids:
- Sony Alpha A7S II, ILCE 7M2
- Kodak Z990
- Nikon Coolpix L840, S3600
- Leica SL
- Olympus TG-620, E-M5 Mark 2
- Canon EOS 1D C, 750D
- Canon IXUS 160
- Fuji Film X-T1, X-T10, A-610
- Imported new Media Players and Android phones from libmtp
- fixed some crashes on non-existing config variables
- use portable directory api (helps Visual Studio)
- Implemented a virtual PTP camera for test purposes.
- Support exfat fuse filesystems.
- fixed various issues found by Coverity static analyzer
- removed unistd.h headers where not needed to help Visual Studio
- updated swedish, brazilian portuguese, danish, polish, ukrainian, vietnamese
gphoto2 2.5.10 release
- use new single configuration set/get if possible
- updated translations: serbian, russian, hungarian, vietnamese, ukrainian, polish, swedish, brazilian portuguese
- require libgphoto2 2.5.10 or newer
libgphoto2 2.5.9 release
Now maintained (source and issue tracker) in GIT at https://github.com/gphoto/libgphoto2
- PTP/IP: fixes to support Ricoh Theta and Sony Alpha over WLAN better
- unification of timeout with backoff handling
- Canon EOS: fixed a timeout bug on wait_event
- Canon EOS: report protection status correctly
- Canon EOS: unlock the ui on close
- Sony: bulb mode support (in manual mode, shutterspeed and bulb option)
- Hook up PTP OpenCapture opcode
- Nikon J5 support. Nikon now hides prop and opcodes even differently.
- Added USB IDs:
- Sony SLT A77V, A7R2, HDR-PJ260VE
- Nikon DSLR D5500
- Canon EOS 760D, 5Ds, 5Ds R
- Nikon Coolpix AW110, S6300, S6800, S3700, S2900
- Nikon 1 S2, J5
- Ricoh Theta m15 (USB and WLAN)
- GoProp Hero 4
- updated ukrainian, vietnamese, polish, italian
gphoto2 2.5.9 release
Now maintained (source and issue tracker) in GIT at https://github.com/gphoto/gphoto2
- Added testcamera.pl, a tool for testing attached cameras with gphoto2.
- fixed some bugs
- report trigger capture in --ability
- capture-preview can honor filename and prefixes
- updated translations: french, ukrainian, vietnamese, polish, russian, italian
libgphoto2 2.5.8 release
- Canon Powershot/IXUS CHDK support
Install the CHDK firmware and then use
gphoto2 --set-config chdk=On to enable.
- Canon EOS: Implemented new capture method for new Canon EOS to avoid hangs.
- Canon EOS: New configuration variable: continuousaf
- Canon EOS: event output for focusinfo / focusmask
- Nikon DSLR: New configuration variables: movieiso, movieshutterspeed, moviehighisonr
- Nikon Coolpix A: also manually add override opcodes for capture (please report if it works)
- New USB ids:
- Sony: DSC-HX60V, Alpha-A7S, Alpha-A77 M2, Alpha A5100
- Panasonic: DMC-LS2
- Canon EOS 7D Mark II, Canon EOS M3
- Canon Powershot SX520 HS
- Fuji Fujifilm X-E2
- Samsung NX1
- Media Player IDs synced with the libmtp ID database.
- Lots of bugfixes.
- Prefer libusb1 over libusb0 if both are present.
- Asynchronous interrupt handling, to avoid losing usb interrupts during other operations.
- Missing COPYRIGHT headers added.
- Bug fixes for issues detected by Coverity.
gphoto2 2.5.8 release
--keep-raw option added, which leaves non-JPEG files on camera during capture or wait-event-and-download
--show-preview option split out of
--show-preview now displays the ascii art preview,
--capture-preview no longer does.
- updated translations: french, ukrainian, vietnamese, russian, polish, dutch, hungarian, esperanto, serbian, danish
libgphoto2 2.5.7 release
- Canon EOS focusinfo crash fixed (affected all config operations)
- wait_for_event sleep backoff increased (50 - 100 - 150 - 200ms)
- Nikon: fixes to make Nikon Coolpix S9700 over PTPIP work better
- Nikon: WLAN GUID setting
- Sony: tighten event loop to avoid loss of objectadded events
- New USB ids: Nikon Coolpix 9400, Nikon S9700, Pentax K3 (in PTP).
- added Pentax K100Ds
- added raw capture support
fixed handling of missing libexif in pkgconfig.
Updated ukrainian, vietnamese, french, polish translations.
libgphoto2 2.5.6 release
- Nikon D3000/D3100/D3200: It hides the "good" capture opcodes from the
DeviceInfo. Override and add them. If you see capture bugs, please report
- "exposurecompensation" now in correct size (-3.0 <-> 3.0 usually)
- Canon EOS: decode and report "focusinfo" variable that outputs the focus information of the camera.
- Canon EOS: autofocusdrive=0 and cancelautofocus=1 added to cancel autofocusing, to avoid blocking the camera.
- Canon EOS: "eosviewfinder" renamed to "viewfinder"
- Sony SLT: Make property setting work for "iso", "exposurecompensation", "f-number", "shutterspeed"
- Canon EOS: crash on 700D fixed
- Nikon DSLR: race condition on object addition handled better
- Nikon DSLR: make sure we make a pause a bit during polling after capture.
- IDs added:
- Nikon: Coolpix P7800, S1, J4
- Nikon: D3300, D610, D4s, D810, D750
- Canon: IXUS 125HS, PowerShot Elph340HS
- Leica M9
- various bugfixes
- fixed a memory leak
- api changed for gp_log_data to make smaller debuglogs possible
--wait-event-and-download can now wait for strings
- updated translations: french, ukrainian, dutch, polish, russian, vietnamese, hungarian, serbian
libgphoto2 188.8.131.52 release
This is a regression fix release.
- fixed all Nikon S* coolpix that are not Nikon 1
- Nikon: exit from potential endless loop on trigger capture
- On EOS/Rebel DSLR do not query or set "zoom" as its manual always
- updated polish, ukrainian, vietnamese
libgphoto2 2.5.5 and gphoto2 2.5.5 release
- Nikon 1 support. Final fix to get it running by Raj Kumar of archive.org.
- Nikon: liveview capture without autofocus enhanced, now also for card
- Nikon: restart liveview after capture
- Canon EOS: New property reporting method (OLC Info) implemented.
- Print read-only values in configuration table lookup (for Canon EOS mostly)
- Sony: Fixed Sony SLT-A900v capture
- Fixed the various "datetime" hooks for PTP generic, Canon Powershot and Canon EOS
to hopefully work better. --set-config datetime=now sets the camera to the current time.
- CHDK: some changes
- New ids:
- Nikon DSC D3x, D5300
- Nikon Coolpix P330
- Canon PowerShot S95, S120, SX260HS, SX280HS, SX160IS, A2500, A2600, Elph135, IXUS 300HS, IXUS 255HS
- Canon EOS 1200D
- Sony DSC-A900, Alpha 6000, DSC-HX5V
- Casio EX-ZR700,
- Fuji FinePix AV-150, T200
- Massive logging and error handling cleanup by Axel Waggershauser
- cleanup of the USB data handling
add support for a new type of 240x320 picture frames
- Massive logging and error handling cleanup by Axel Waggershauser.
- Various cleanups from David Berrange for mingw32 builds.
- fixed libgd detection and linking.
add a mode to print udev rules for the non-standard USB support (usbscsi/usbdisk),
needed additional to HWDB databases.
* updated ukrainian, vietnamese, polish, french, finish, chinese, danish, dutch
- bugfix for daylight saving time usage in handling date/time widgets
- --debug-loglevel=(debug|verbose|data|all) option added to select debug verbosity
- fixed --filename with cross-device usage
- adjusted wait time heuristics after capture
- manpage updated
- updated translations
libgphoto2 2.5.4 and gphoto2 2.5.4 release
- Sony SLT DSLR support: SDRAM capture, Tethering, Triggering movie capture, property reading
- Nikon DSLR: bulb mode implemented in newer DSLRs (D600/D7100/D5200 and later)
- Nikon capture adjustments (always set controlmode before capture).
- Nikon capture in "live view mode" no longer does autofocus, use "autofocusdrive".
- Nikon "applicationmode" setting added.
- Nikon Coolpix capture failure on empty cards fixed.
- Some Canon EOS 5D Mark III config adjustments/additions.
- Canon EOS: enable trigger capture
- Olympus E-series capture: some improvements.
- ptp2: implemented device property description caching
- New IDs:
- Sony DSC-W510, SLT-A58 (control)
- Nikon P80 v1.1
- Canon A3500IS, A1400, SX170IS, SX510HS, A2200
- Fuji FinePix S4850, JX370, S4850
- Apple iPhone 5
- support for picture frame with id 1.
- Reimplemented a libusb based mass storage tunneling driver to support non-Linux systems (e.g. Mac OS X).
- fixed timeout detection for USB interrupts
- Lots of small fixes to build with mingw32.
- Danish, Spanish, French, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Serbian, Ukrainian,
- --skip-existing option that skips if a local file would already exist
- %F for foldername inclusion added to format strings for --filename
- add the commandline arguments to the debug log
libgphoto2 184.108.40.206 and gphoto2 2.5.3 release
- "print-camera-list hwdb" output mode added for udev versions >= 201.
Put this to /usr/lib/udev/hwdb/20-gphoto.hwdb (your udev hwdb directory might be different)
- "print-camera-list html" output mode added for http://gphoto.org/proj/libgphoto2/support.php
Lots of Coverity fixes merged
- Nikon: added a new PTP capture opcode function, allows capture to card during liveview
- Nikon: rewrote some of the wait logic in the capture routines
- Nikon: enable --trigger-capture support
- Nikon: hook up some more configuration variables (funcbutton, previewbutton, menusandplayback, changeafarea)
- canon: hook up configuration variables (colortemperature)
- ptpip: several contributed bugfixes, and event handling
- panasonic: allow deleting files by setting MTP Responder code.
- New ids:
- Kodak Z8612 IS
- Sony DSC-S780, SLT-A57, SLT-A58, SLT-A99v, DSC-RX100M2, Alpha A3000, NEX 6
- Nikon Coolpix S3200, DSLR D3200, J3, V2, S02, 2200v1.1, S4300, S2700, L27, S02, V2, J3
- Panasonic TZ-8
- Olympus E-M5
- Canon Rebel G15, EOS 70D, A1000IS, SX150IS, A810
- Canon Rebel T3, EOS 1Dx, EOS 70D
- Fuji FinePix SL1000, S2980
- merged ids from libmtp
- lots of bugfixes
- label PowerShot S110 from 2001 differently than the 2012 PowerShot S110.
- fixed "new / downloaded" logic
- disable unconditional "clear halt" calls as they confuse newer controllers
- support Nantronics N25S80 chipset
- capture fixed for Olympus C-3030
- Various fixes from Jiri Pinka
- enhanced de-bayering a bit
- new czech translation by Pavel Borecki.
- updated czech, danish, dutch, polish, russian, seribian, ukrainian,
french, vietnamese, taiwanese
- use generic macros to check for libGD and libxml2 to allow better handling.
- check the right fstab field for ignoring filesystems (avoids autofs scans)
libgphoto2 2.5.2 release
- Fixed Raspberry Pi and USB 3.0 "connect only once" problem.
- Experimental Olympus E-series (not Pen) remote control support. Try in "Control" mode.
- Nikon DSLR: real movie capture! (use --set-config movie=1/0 and --wait-event)
- New ids:
- Sony: DSC-A900, SLT-A350, DSC-RX1, HX300, NEX-3N
- Nikon Coolpix: P80, L820, S9500, S620, P520, S2500, S2600
- Nikon Coolpix A
- Nikon DSLR: D2Xs, D4, D7100
- Nikon J2
- Canon Powershot: S100, A1300IS, A2300IS,
- Canon EOS: 700D, 100D
- Fuji FinePix: H20EXR, X20
- Samsung: NX1000, EK-GC100
- Also various MTP device ids merged from libmtp.
- ptpip: major/minor number was switched in init packet.
- Nikon DSLR: out of focus during capture fixed, various bugfixes
- Nikon "controlmode" config for unlocking the camera.
- Canon DSLR: "keepdeviceon" pinging in get_config, liveview
- Canon thumbnail retrieval fixed.
- Lots of work on getting Olympus E-series DSLRs in Control mode to run.
- wait-for-event: handle when camera goes offline during waiting.
- fixed mtime 0 (Jan 1 1970) issue when downloading files and using --filename
- Fixed the Nikon Coolpix 4300 and 2500 USB over SCSI capture mode.
- Ignore register 4 read errors after capture as Nikon does not supply them.
- added commented code on how to switch the Coolpix 2500 to RAW DIAG mode.
- gp_port_reset functionality to do a port reset.
- Use timeout supplied by driver, not hardcoded 1.5 seconds (fixes Nikon sierra capture).
- updated ukrainian, finish, dutch, polish, russian, french, vietnamese, german
- specify lots of _BSD_SOURCE et.al. to make the strict MacOS ports
build happier. Might break non Linux platforms, please report this.
- libxml2 needed for Olympus E series capture support.
- cleaned up AM_CPPFLAGS/CPPFLAGS usage, do not use both of them together.
- new --reset option to reset usb devices.
- using --filename, if the camera reports 1. Jan 1970, fall back to
use the current date/time.
- translations updated: french, polish, vietnamese, russian, simplified chinese, danish
- lots of translations synced to 2.5.0 release
- Lots of new USB ids added
- Sony RX100, SLT-A65V, HX200V
- Nikon Coolpix S01, S3300, P7700, S8200, P510, J1
- Nikon DSLR D600, D800E, D800, D5200
- Panasonic DMC LX7
- Olympus SP-720UZ, E-PL5
- Canon PowerShot D10, IXUS 310IS, SX220HS, G1 X, SX40HS,
A4000IS, SX240HS, A2400IS, S110, SX500IS
- Canon EOS M, EOS 650D, EOS 6D
- Fuji FinePix S2950, S4300, X-S1, HS30EXR, XF1
- wait-for-event also for Canon PowerShot (capture capable ones) now waits for "shutter press" signal and triggers a capture.
- Canon Powershot Preview mode fixes
- various Nikon configurations added: angle, flickerreduction, rawcompression, remotemode.
- Nikon DSLR to-ram capture fixes
- merged music player ids from libmtp. Includes big Samsung devices rename.
- EOS preview capture bugfixes: some waiting reduced to allow higher preview / regular capture speed on Canon EOS, understand newer EOS.
- some more bug fixes
- SST25VF080 and SST25VF016 support added.
- ax206 support enhanced.
- decode "zoom" settings better
- "shootingmode" fix
- focus.c, sample-justfocus.c: focusing example added
- Fixed that the meaning of --keep and --no-keep was switched.
- Allow passing absolute filenames to
-p, -d, -r/--rmdir, -m/--mkdir, -t, --show-info, --get-metadata,
gphoto2 -p /store_00010001/DCIM/100D7000/DSC_0001.JPG
- -L --quiet now prints a list of all files, 1 per line.
- -l --quiet now prints a list of all folders, 1 per line.
New major version containing various API changes and restructuring to
remove artificial limits (like 1024 files per directory) and clear
up some APIs to make it a bit easier on frontends.
This release is binary incompatible and also has some API incompatibilities,
your applications will need to be rebuilt and perhaps adjusted.
- gp_context* functions no longer get varargs, but preprocessed
strings. This makes hooking them into other language bindings
- gp_file_new_from_handler(): Allow passing data in and out via
handler functions (to allow streaming). See also CameraFileHandler
- CameraFileInfoFile: removed "name" structmember and GP_FILE_INFO_NAME
Use direct passing in of the filename to the API functions.
- New: gp_camera_autodetect(CameraList *list, GPContext*);
Simple autodetection function returning all current detected cameras.
- gp_file_set_name() and _get_name() passing in is no longer needed
and the API will go away.
- New gp_file_get_name_by_type() will convert a regular filename ("normal")
into one depending on type (e.g. "raw_" prefix) and adjusted suffix
(like ".ppm" turning into ".pgm" for grayscale previews).
- gp_file_set_type() and gp_file_get_type() are gone, these functions
are now implicit passed via arguments to the the put_file and
- gp_filesystem_set_info_noop(), gp_filesystem_set_file_noop(),
Added "filename" argument to pass in the filename. The one
from CameraFileInfoFile and CameraFile are no longer used.
Added "type" argument to pass in the filetype (GP_FILE_TYPE_*).
- Adjusted to new GPPortInfo handling.
- Rewrote gphoto2-filesys.c to be directory based (in a tree structure).
Change should not be visibile outside of gphoto2-filesys.c.
- GPPortInfo is now abstracted and internal.
If you need to retrieve name, path or type, use
gp_port_info_get_xx (info, &x);
to get the value.
Name and path strings continue to be owned by libgphoto2_port,
do not modify and do not free.
You are not supposed to create / append new ones to GPPortInfoList.
- Disk Settings have been removed from the Settings union. Should
not affect frontends at all.
- Started using symbol versions.
- Detach USB kernel drivers
- Multiple USB Devices at once support
- New camlibs
- added support for downloading MPEG files
- Added PowerShot SD20.
- Added EOS 20D
- Added PowerShot A95
- Added PowerShot A85
- Added PowerShot A75
- Added Powershot S60
- Added Powershot A310 (patch #966814)
- Added PowerShot S410 / IXUS 430 (patch #963229)
- Added IXUS 500
- Added MV650i.
- Make the driver actually works
- Added Intel Pocket PC
- Added PC Cam 350
- Added PC Cam 750
- Added Panasonic DMC-FZ20
- Added IXUS 40
- fix gcc 2.95 build (bug #1055868)
- Added Konica-Minolta DiMAGE Z3
- Added Canon PowerShot G6.
- Added Canon PowerShot A400
- Added Canon EOS 20D
- Added more config cases from Canon in capture mode.
- zoom (working)
- auto focus assist light
- beep mode
- exposure compensation (not fully done)
- Can set the following config:
- Canon Camera Owner
- Canon Time on camera
- Added Nikon Coolpix 2200
- Added Canon PowerShot A85
- Added Kodak LS753 DX7630 CX7300 CX7220
CX7330 CX7530 DX7440 CX6445 (bug #982934)
- Added Nikon Coolpix 4200
- Added EOS 1D Mark II
- Added Canon Powershot S60
- Added Canon PowerShot A310
- Added Ricoh Caplio GX
- Added Nikon D70
- Added Sony MVC-CD500
- Support Nikon extensions
- Added Kodak LS-473 (rfe #977619)
- Added Canon PowerShot S1 IS
- Added Canon PowerShot SD110
- Added Canon A75 (PTP mode)
- Added Fuji FinePix S7000 (PictBridge mode)
- Added Kodak CX4310
- Added Canon Digital IXUS 430 / PowerShot S410
- Added Nikon Coolpix 3200
- Added Kodak CX7430 (patch #934142)
- Added HP PhotoSmart 945 (bug #930400)
- Added PowerShot S500 (Digital IXUS 500 alias)
- Added HP PhotoSmart 635
- Added Canon Elura 50
- Added Digital IXUS 500
- Added Konica-Minolta DiMAGE A2
- Added Sony DSC P-10
- Added Canon PowerShot S50
- Added Nikon Coolpix 3700
- Added Ricoh Caplio RX
- Get the modification time without downloading the pictures
- Added Medion MD 6126
- Added Caplio 300G
- Added Toshiba PRD-M60
- Added Toshiba PRD-M61
- Added Toshiba PRD-M65
- Added support for Dakota disposable cameras
- Added support for Pencams without flash via a special camera
- Added ViviCam 5B
- Added SY-2107C
- Added Argus DC-1730
- Added Concord Eye-Q Duo
- Added Sakar Kidz Cam
- Video clips and capture-preview supported
- delete-all-photos supported for those SQ cameras which will do it
- thumbnails supported for GUI compatibility
- Added DigitalDream l'espion XS
- Added Added Che-ez! BABE and SPYZ
- gcc 2.95 compatibility (bug #1055868)
- fixed thumbnail downloading
- serial communication fixes on fast CPUs
- native file names are now used (instead of using the hardcoded
- fix compactflash detection
- fix number of pictures detection
- get rid of the heavy stack usage and use the heap instead
- fix USB download size
- Fixed various gp_log / GP_DEBUG problems.
- Use largest file size limit
- Note improper use of file size limits
- Fix TIMEOUT problem (bug #920532)
- Fix C99 stuff for Solaris C compiler (bug #923219)
- Get the reply in largan_get_pict()
- Fixed a problem with thumbnails download
- Better capture support
- Improved error messages
- Fix buffer handling
- Various fixes
- Fix for gcc 2.95 build (bug #105586)
- Fix for gcc 2.95 build (bug #105586)
- major rewrite and various bug fixes
Changes since 2.1.4 in gphoto2. See alse release notes for libgphoto2.
- New command line arguments:
--list-config - dump the configuration tree of the camera
--get-config var - get the configuration entry
- New capture option:
- now build with libexif-0.6.9.
- allow setting range with decimal values in camera configuration
- fixed a segfault in shell_command_generator on Alpha processors
- nl.po (Dutch)
- fi.po (Finnish)
- hu.po (Hungarian)
- en_GB.po (English Greate-Britain)
- az.po (Azerbaijani)
- sr.po (Serbian)
- uk.po (Ukranian)
2.1.4 release (January 18th, 2004)
As usual, a lot of bug fixes and support for even more cameras.
* fixed recursion problems during capturing
* Support for multiple USB cameras NOT included yet.
Reason: It breaks several applications.
* Canon driver:
- added support for G5, Optura 20, ZR-70MC
- re-added support for A300 and S50
- fix erroneous file size limits
* PTP driver:
- enhanced Canon Capture support
- added id for Canon Digital IXUS i
- added Olympus C-350Z, D-560Z, X-250
- added Sony DSC-U20, DSC-P52, DSC-P72, DSC-P92
- updates from libptp2
* ricoh driver:
- working G3, G4 support
* sx330z driver:
- added Maginon SX-410z
* spca50x driver:
- do not delete everything and fail to download on Aiptek 1.3
* polaroid drivers:
- fixed support for D-Link 350F, Skanhex SX-35
- added support for Trust 350FT PowerC@m FLASH
* linux hotplug scripts:
- use correct directories in usbcam.x11-app
* serial bug fix with speed 0
2.1.3 released (Oct 19th, 2003)
Most important changes are
- support for lots of new cameras (more than 400 listed now)
- fixed a few nasty bugs
- general improvements
* builtin cache:
- use all available RAM on systems without memory size detection
* Canon driver:
- added support for EOS 300D
- fixed ProductID for PowerShot S45
- fixed support for serial cameras
- fixed thumbnail stuff
* New driver for Ricoh Caplio G3.
* Smal driver:
- misc improvements
* PTP2 driver:
- added misc cameras
- thumbnail hacks (?)
* fixed nasty stack overflow/segfault bug
* improved/fixed support for Sun
* All drivers:
- report vendor/model in a new (formatted) fashion
* Canon driver:
- added support for capturing on consumer class cameras, tested on
Canon PowerShot S45, Canon PowerShot G2
- G2 works again running from AC adapter
- multiple new models added (A60, A70, ...)
* PTP2 driver:
- Next generation PTP driver added, using this as default now.
* New Agfa CL20 driver from http://cl20.poeml.de/.
* New camera library spca50x for all chips supporting the spca50x bridges
(merging the gsmart, benq and spca504_flash driver into one).
2.1.1 release (December 1st, 2002)
libgphoto2 2.1.1, gphoto2 2.1.1 and gtkam 0.1.10 finally are released.
libgphoto2 is a user space library providing camera independent access
to almost 300 digital cameras.
gphoto2 is a command line frontend for libgphoto2.
gtkam is a GTK+ 2.0 based frontend for libgphoto2.
This is the first release in which we split the command line frontend
gphoto2 from the library libgphoto2.
Since the gphoto2 2.1.0 release, we have added support for a lot of
- Ricoh RDC-1, -2, -2E, -100G, -300, -300Z, -4200, -4300, -5000
Philips ESP2, ESP50, ESP60, ESP70, ESP80, ESP80SXG
- Canon PowerShot G3, S230, S45, A100, A200
- Nikon D100
- Mustek gSmart mini, mini2, mini3 and So. Show 301
- USB Jenoptik JD350v
- RCA CDS1005, FujiFilm @xia ix-100, Oregon Scientific DShot II,
Media-Tech mt-406, and Scott APX 30
- Aiptek Pencam and Medion MD 5319
- and probably some more
For a more detailed list of changes, see the CHANGES file.
Have fun using your camera!
For the gphoto2 team
Hans Ulrich Niedermann
Release Manager for 2.1.1
New website (September 2nd, 2002)
Features a new look.
gPhoto 2.1 released (June 23rd, 2002)
This is the first maintenance release of gphoto2 package.
- repaired "make rpm" target
- started "real" gphoto2 manual
gphoto2 command-line interface:
- optional readline support
- support for periodic keep-alive-messages
- improved support for PTP cameras:
- multiple storage media
- image capturing
- driver stability and robustness improved
(less problems with different cameras)
- added support for Kodak DX-4900, Sony DSC-P5, Sony DSC-F707V,
Sony DSC-P30, Sony DSC-P50, Sony DSC-S75, Sony DSC-S85,
- added support for Canon EOS D60, Canon PowerShot A40,
Canon PowerShot A30, Canon PowerShot S200,
Canon Digital IXUS 330
- fixed support for Canon PowerShot S10
- Added SiPix Web2 support.
Get it from the download area
and try it out!
gPhoto 2.0 released (February 24th, 2002)
The gphoto2 team is proud to introduce its first stable
gPhoto2 is a complete rewrite of the award winning gphoto.
gPhoto2 is now a library to access digital cameras. This
library comes with a command-line frontend and others
frontends are available separately (gtkam,
To support USB cameras, this release requires libusb (0.1.5
or above). Moreover gphoto2 will optionally take advantage
of the following libraries: libexif, aalib, libjpeg and
Get it from the download area
and try it out!
Your gphoto2 team.